A COLLECTION OF SCRIPTS / FILM & TV TREATMENTS Edited by Paul Kane with contributions from Stephen Jones, Michael Marshall Smith, Stephen Gallagher, Axelle Carolyn, Peter Crowther, Muriel Gray & Stephen Laws.
The Cenobites from Hellraiser return to their spiritual home of London for a showdown to end them all, and the legend of the world’s most famous vampire – Dracula – gets a fresh spin. The ghost of an elderly lady’s past returns, while a mysterious old-fashioned TV is rented out. And as a race against time begins, a deadly game of chance takes place… Dark Mirages is your chance to read unmade or rare TV/film treatments and scripts from talented writers such as Stephen Jones & Michael Marshall Smith, Stephen Gallagher, Axelle Carolyn, Peter Crowther, Muriel Gray and Stephen Laws. Compiled and edited by Paul Kane (Hellbound Hearts, Beyond Rue Morgue, A Carnivàle of Horror) this is a unique book no genre fan should be without!
WE ARE THE MARTIANS
A collection of essays concerning the legacy of Nigel Kneale
- Foreword - Mark Gatiss
- Introduction - Neil Snowdon
- King Of Hauntology - Mark Chadbourn
- The Literary Kneale - Tim Lucas
- The Quatermass Conception - Stephen Bissette
- A Conversation With Judith Kerr - Neil Snowdon
- On Nigel Kneale - Ramsey Campbell
- The Quatermass Legacy: A Personal Reflection On Kneale And His Influence - David Pirie
- Creeping Unknown Pt1: Wuthering Heights, The Crunch, Nineteen Eighty Four - Kim Newman
- Phenomena Badly Observed, And Wrongly Explained: Quatermass, The Pit, And Me - John Llewellyn Probert
- Under The Influence - Maura McHugh
- A Conversation With Joe Dante - Neil Snowdon
- Brief Encounter - Stephen Laws
- Adaptation And Anger, Or The Nigel Kneale-John Osbourne Synthesis - Richard Harland Smith
- ‘The Promised End’ Nigel Kneale’s Lost Masterpiece from 1963: The Road - Jonathan Rigby
- A Conversation With Mark Gatiss - Neil Snowdon
- Cool The Audience, Cool The World: Media, Mind Control & The Modern Family - Kier-La Janisse
- Pushing The Door He Unlocked: Ghostwatch And The Stone Tape - Stephen Volk
- Beasts: An Overview - Mark Morris
- It Would Have Been Suckled, You Know’: Beasts And ‘Baby’ An Appreciation - Jeremy Dyson
- Quatermass: Rebirth & Ressurection – Jez Winship
- The Quatermass Conclusion: An Interview With Nigel Kneale - David Sutton.
- Creeping Unknown Pt2: Kinvig – Kim Newman
- In Pursuit Of Unhappy Endings: Chris Burt & Herbert Wise on The Woman In Black - Tony Earnshaw
- Where’s Kneale When You Need Him- Thana Niveau
- Creeping Unknown Pt3: Sharpe's Gold & Kavanagh QC - Kim Newman
- On Wishing For A Nigel Kneale Childhood - Lynda E. Rucker
“You might be interested in seeing this,” John says, placing the box on his desk. I turn around and look at what is written on the side in calligraphy pen.
“Not only did I come up with the initial idea, I wrote the screenplay. Even the shooting screenplay that followed has my name on it,” John says quietly.
|Brand||Drugstore Indian Press|